Old 15-04-2011, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Any tips for buying citrus plants?

"harry" wrote ...

Jin wrote:
I want to buy Lemon and Lime trees but the cheapest I can find them for
is 30 - anyone know anywhere cheaper?

Don't bother. the next bad frost wil lnobble them. Even in a
conservatory unless heated.

They can take a couple of degrees of frost but they can't take it coupled
with a wind IME. We keep ours overwinter in our garage which has a twin
walled perspex roof, it has no heating but is on the side of the house and
is therefor frost fee. They all went outside some weeks ago now and will
only be brought back inside if frost is forecast.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

--