Old 15-04-2011, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Labels

On Apr 15, 10:58*pm, Janet wrote:
In article 94f7b283-74c6-4df2-abad-384bcc5b67e9
@r4g2000prm.googlegroups.com, says...

We have been going on about fading labels *for a long time.
How about some lateral thinking.
How about dark or blach labels and white ink?

* *Years ago I saw some black coated labels you marked by scratching, and
the scratch showed white.

* * For permanent plantings I use aluminium labels marked with an electric
etcher. For veg garden and seed trays *I use white plastic labels and a
black waterproof pen (lasts long enough for a season)

* *Janet

I use around 3000 labels a year, last year I planted out close to 5000
dahlias, I need something easy, cheap and reliable, hence the idea of
white on black labels