Old 16-04-2011, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching
Darkside Darkside is offline

Default Blue Tits

Well since then, frantic activity on a daily basis. Birds in, birds out.
Nesting material in by the lorry load, well no, someone will pick me up for
that, 'lots of it', complete with beakfulls of mossy stuff over the last few
days.

Today? No activity whatsoever!!

Why? Now sitting, or, dummy nest and they are on another nest somewhere?

Your thoughts please.

IME in warm springlike weather many species do nesting activities, then
when we get a cold spell (normally in mid-April) they put the mesting on
hold until it warms up again. Unless she's actually got to the point of
laying eggs, anyway.

--
Sue ]