Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Jody

Default Algae removal- SAEs, otos, or plecos?

I have been keeping a single SAE in my 20H for a few years now - I've had to
trade-in adults for juvies a couple of times - and once they get over about
2 inches they become a *little* aggressive at meal time. They are just busy
and active the rest of the day, but again, a little aggressive when they are
fed. They basically chase off the other fish in order to get some food.
Maybe I should grow more algae for them to eat ; ) And trust me, these are
true SAE. Still, these are great fish for planted tanks. Just be prepared
to do some damage when you try to catch them; catching an SAE in a heavily
planted tank is an adventure - they are very fast!

Jody

"Anton Valouev" wrote in message

"Dustin" wrote in message
Ive read that you need at least 5 SAE's for them to be happy, otherwise

they
chase the other fish.... Is this true?

I can hardly imagine my SAEs to chase other fish. They hardly chase each
other. So peacefull fish.
May be that was about false SAE or CAE? But for me it looks stupid even to
keep the latter two in schools, they are too agressive.