Old 16-04-2011, 09:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] hubops@cccanoemail.com is offline

Default Help with Heron please! YES

3. I have a concrete "croc" in my pond. It is mostly submerged so just a tiny bit
of the back and tip of the nose is above water. It is a myth that herons only fish
alone. So placing a heron statue in the pond wont work. However, no heron can
ignore a croc (alligator) since herons overwinter in areas with these big predators.

My best-ever photo of a great blue heron -
- blown up, professionally framed - and hanging on my wall -
.. taken at the reserve in Florida .. forget the name -
.... you know - the aligator place ... :-)
John T.