Old 17-04-2011, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching
The Brownie The Brownie is offline

Default Blackbirds and 'noise'

"'Mike'" wrote in message
news
A Blackbird will give off a chuck chuck chuck when it's 'area' is being
threatened. Ours certainly have a go at us when we go near the nesting
areas.

A Blackbird will sit on top of a tree at dusk and sing its heart out. This
I understand to be a territorial 'thing'.

Can anyone explain why a Blackbird should be singing its heart out
yesterday afternoon, just above me, in the near vicinity of its nest
building activities, whilst I had the SHREDDER going?????????

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.

Afraid I can't explain that one, Mike.

Wasn't there a big new moon last night BG
I refer to the possible confused state of the blackbird
of course !!

Margaret