Old 17-04-2011, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Blackbirds and 'noise'

"The Brownie" me@privacy net. wrote in message

"MCC" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 15:32:18 +0100, 'Mike' wrote:

A Blackbird will give off a chuck chuck chuck when it's 'area' is being
threatened. Ours certainly have a go at us when we go near the nesting
areas.

A Blackbird will sit on top of a tree at dusk and sing its heart out.
This I
understand to be a territorial 'thing'.

Can anyone explain why a Blackbird should be singing its heart out
yesterday
afternoon, just above me, in the near vicinity of its nest building
activities, whilst I had the SHREDDER going?????????

Mike

Dunno, but we once had a canary that would only sing when bacon was being
cooked in the frying pan :-D
--
MCC

Ooh... I'd sing like a canary for a nice Bacon sandy...

On soft wholemeal bread, please, MCC Yum.

Margaret :-)

With Coleman's ENGLISH Mustard of course ;-))

(We had an Hotel, well my parents had an hotel years ago and my father said
that Coleman made his money from the mustard left on the plate. Since then,
I have ALWAYS made sure there was no mustard left on the side of the plate
;-)

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.