Old 18-04-2011, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Blackbirds and 'noise'

"'Mike'" wrote in
news
A Blackbird will give off a chuck chuck chuck when it's 'area' is
being threatened. Ours certainly have a go at us when we go near the
nesting areas.

A Blackbird will sit on top of a tree at dusk and sing its heart out.
This I understand to be a territorial 'thing'.

Can anyone explain why a Blackbird should be singing its heart out
yesterday afternoon, just above me, in the near vicinity of its nest
building activities, whilst I had the SHREDDER going?????????

Mike

Probably saying in blackbird language

TURN THAT F****ING SHREDDER OFF, WE HAVE A BROOD HERE TRYING TO GET SOME
BLEEDIN KIP,AND WE CAN CUT UP OUR OWN B*****D WORMS THANKYOU MIKE.

Or words to that effect assuming that they weren't building a nest and
probably have one already! :-)

Just a bit of a joke Mike.
Baz