Old 19-04-2011, 02:13 AM posted to rec.gardens
Amos Nomore Amos Nomore is offline

Default Snake/worm

In article ,
"Freckles" wrote:

I have recently found several small 6 to 8 inch grey snakes in my garden. At
first I thought they were some kind of worm, but I found one on my driveway
which had been eaten by ants and there was a skeleton.

The snake has a very small head and will strike like it's going to bite just
like a poisonous snake.

Can anyone tell me what this snake is called and is it dangerous in any way.

Thanks,

Freckles

Texas blind snake, Leptotyphlops dulcis, is my guess - about as harmless
a serpent as could possibly be.