Old 19-04-2011, 02:30 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Snake/worm

Freckles wrote:
I have recently found several small 6 to 8 inch grey snakes in my
garden. At first I thought they were some kind of worm, but I found
one on my driveway which had been eaten by ants and there was a
skeleton.
The snake has a very small head and will strike like it's going to
bite just like a poisonous snake.

Can anyone tell me what this snake is called and is it dangerous in
any way.
Thanks,

Freckles

It's difficult to say from your description and not knowing where you are.
It could related to the garter snake or the worm snake. Does it have one
eye or two? If only one eye at 8in long it could be the greater trouser
snake and yes they can be dangerous if not handled properly. The lesser
trouser snake is smaller and less of a handful.

David