Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default Nutrient deficiency or hungry otos?

You can also see a loach nearly caught red handed...or um...shall we say red
finned? Look towards the bottom of the picture...I see a loach right in
there, munching on his oversized verision of romaine lettuce.

http://web.pdx.edu/~rkrush/amazon.jpg

"LeighMo" wrote in message
I agree with Matt. Those aren't caused by any deficiency, and it's not

the
otos, either. Those look like a loach has been munching. You can see the
shape of its mouth in the shape of some of the holes.

If you don't have a loach, it's something with a loach-like mouth, that

bites,
not scrapes. Otos and pl*cos leave damage of a different sort -- scraped

and
frayed looking, not the clean holes you've got.

Leigh