Old 19-04-2011, 12:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default Preen

Nad R wrote:
" wrote:
I weed my 300 square foot garden every day so imagine how excited I
was for this product. $15.00 and 2 weeks later what a disappointment.
At first I think I used too little so I made sure everything green but
the plants were cleared out of the space. Then I re applied more
densely. Still weeds. Based on the directions the granules are
supposed to stay on top of the soil so I amended how I pull weeds
trying to not bury the stuff. Still weeds. If there is anyone who can
tell me I have done something wrong, please do., If there is anyone
still debating buying this product, I would say don't bother.
Off to weed the garden,
MJ

Hmmm... I no longer use chemicals on my lawn, I want a pet safe lawn.

Most weed preventers must be put down after a rain or early morning dew.
The grass must be wet for the chemicals to stick to the weeds for them to
do it's job. Weed preventers take a week or two for them to it's job. Read
the label if this the case for preen.

Most fertilizers need to be put down dry, just before a light rain so the
fertilizers can be soaked into the ground. A heavy rain may wash the stuff
away.

Did you apply these methods?

Also...
Grab grass is not a weed, it is grass and different stuff is needed.