Old 19-04-2011, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Luton[_2_] Paul Luton[_2_] is offline

Default Olive Tree

On 18/04/2011 21:13, wrote:
On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 21:16:01 +0100, wrote:

I have a small olive tree that was bought for me as a present some years
ago. It used to reside on a west-facing wall but didn't grow much at all.
I re-potted it to a larger pot, but still nothing. I have since moved house
and wonder where to place the tree in the new garden. Also, should I take
it out of the pot and replant in a bed?
I'd be grateful for any advice as I don't really want to discard the plant.

Whilst I am definitely no expert on olive trees, we have had a small
one in a container on our terrace for several years. It was planted
in John Innes 3 compost in a 50 cms earthenware pot and located in a
south west facing position. It is now over a metre tall and a good
shape due to an annual trim. Apart from watering every couple of
weeks and a half strength dose of miracle grow twice a year we neglect
it.

rbel

Any hints about the annual trim? Ours is getting
rather misshaped due to strong growth in the wrong place.