Old 19-04-2011, 10:52 PM
lannerman lannerman is offline
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL_n View Post
I need a fast-growing climbing plant with plenty of foiliage; something
fairly cheap. I want to train ot onto some wires I will be stringing up.
The idea is to hide a nearby road from view while I'm sitting in my
favourite spot in the garden.

I'm about 200 yds from the sea, and on the Douth Coast of England. I'm not
an avid gardener, so low maintenance plants are preferred.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? We only have minor garden centres nearby
so please suggest something fairly common!

At first I was thinking Russian Vine, but then I remember how out of
control those things can get. Mind you, "the triffid" was great
conversation-piece!! ;-)

Al
Hi Al, Yes, Russian vine would be good, remember you can alwys cut things back but you cant add on ?? Also consider Lonicera jap. halliana (evergreen honeysuckle) and or Clematis montana both do well near the sea.
Lannerman