Old 20-04-2011, 01:28 AM posted to rec.gardens
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Please help! Weed killer has killed my grass!

smiley783 wrote:
My boyfriend went to de weed the grass and it spread lots, we have
loads of dead grass circles everywhere now! Its a rented property and
im really worrying what the landlord will say about it when we next
speak to him.
This is our first ever garden and we were really looking forward to
making it pretty.
We really dont know what to do, we are trying to water it, not sure if
that will actually help.
Please someone give us some advice on what to do!
Thank you

I had a neighbor that saw another spot treating weeds with a spray bottle. So he
filled one with roundup, and sprayed every weed in his yard. Then, he sprayed
every weed in his nextdoor neighbor's yard. Both ended up just as you described.
His neighbor was ****ED!

Use a "lawn weed killer" for this job.

If you have some areas that need to be edged, you could transplant plugs of the
"edgeings" into the centers of the dead spots to help recovery.