Old 20-04-2011, 12:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French chris French is offline

Default What is the best way to support tomatoes?

In message , alan.holmes
writes

"AriesVal" wrote in message
news:1cudnc9HDKhPqzHQnZ2dnUVZ8nudnZ2d@brightview. co.uk...
On 16/04/2011 15:57, Janet wrote:
In article0cf8c7aa-7ad3-491b-b893-5b80cb224741
@a11g2000pro.googlegroups.com, says...

On Apr 16, 1:16 pm, wrote:

In the US they use tomato cages, Google tomato cages in Images for
ideas.

You can improvise a US-style outdoor tomato cage with lengths of
rylock stock fence tied into a circle with a ziptie.

what a good idea, I'll be trying that this year.

Is anyone going to tell me what rylock stock fence is and where I can buy
it?

Stock fencing is the large meshed fencing used for fences for stock
(surprise!) - cows, horses, sheep etc. Rylock is presumably a brandname.

e.g.

http://www.jacksons-fencing.co.uk/fe...cing/wire-fenc
ingstock/agricultural-fencing-wire-fencing-stock.aspx

Agricultural merchants, and fencing suppliers will sell it but you'd
probably have to buy a big roll
--
Chris French