Old 20-04-2011, 07:14 AM
hellomabel hellomabel is offline
Registered User

Location: Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Mike'[_4_] View Post
My last two houses had half an acre each and whilst the last one had been
cared for and cultivated, the first one was head high in brambles etc, with
the 'etc' being all sorts of things. The following ....

MP076: 1960s Atco Rotary Mower | The Old Lawnmower Club

demolished anything in site. Could you use such a thing and go over the
ground as soon as anything living pops its head up? The first house's land
ended up with grass and horses grazing :-))

Mike
Thanks. I might try that, except the other wrinkle (which I didn't mention) is that the site appears to have been a dumping ground for all manner of stuff (old car engine parts, rocks, bits of wire mesh). It has all the charms! I'd have to be very careful to avoid hitting any of that with a mower - I really have to clear the site of debris before tackling the bracken and brambles.