Old 20-04-2011, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Visiting B&Q? Beware

On 2011-04-20 10:50:28 +0100, Martin said:

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 09:43:20 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 08:46:13 +0100, Mike wrote:

The one here on the Isle of Wight photographs your car on the way in
and
times the photo.

and?

When you leave, it photographs it again, with the time.

and?

If you have been over two hours, you will receive a fine through the
post of £50.00 if you pay within 2 weeks,

Where have you been? This is quite common on large "free" car parks.

Tesco Hexham have such a system, but then just across the road is a
large council Pay and Display car park so I can see the free Tesco
one being abused. Fairly sure Tesco Carlisle @ J43 also has cameras.

As to being illegal not so sure(*) there are notices up, if you don't
bother to read them that's your look out.

(*) The driver is the one liable not the "registered keeper" that the
notice will have been sent to. You can probably insist that they
provide proof of who was driving, which they probably can via a head
on photograph of the car...

Sainsbury in Haxby employ an OAP to write down car numbers on a clip
board.

Morrisons in Totnes are *much* grander - they have a man with some kind
of electronic gizmo who checks whether or not you've paid your parking
fee and enters arrival times. That fee is returnable if you have
bought things in the store but not if you use their car park to walk
into the town instead!

The Co-op in Whitby has something similar. The time you get to parkl
free is dependent on how much you spend, otherwise you pay when you
leave the car park. We worked out long ago that buying something works
out cheaper than paying to use the adjacent public car parks.
--

Martin

Marks and Spencers in Newport and I believe Morrisons are the same. I was
flagging up the sneaky and underhanded way B&Q were acting.

:-((

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.