Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
SteveG

Default Crypt melt or nutrient deficiency or something else?

If you're very patient, in most cases they will make a come back.

"Cichlidiot" wrote in message
Cesium wrote:
snip
a new fertilizer) they have a tendency to disintegrate i.e. "somethings
changed, drop the leaves, drop the leaves!" (note I wasn't the first to

say
this, a friend saw it on some forum a while back).

I said something similar to this on this newsgroup right after I first

noticed
the crypts having problems (but before the java fern deformities), but I

never
got a reply to that post. I was willing to discount the whole thing as

typical
crypts freaking out until the deformed new java fern leaves started

appearing.
I also just gave a good look at the aponogeton bulbs and noticed a couple

of
brown spots and tiny holes on nearly all the leaves of one bulb. Could

this be
snail damage? I had pond snails get in on one of the plants and go crazy.