Old 22-04-2011, 02:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default ID this plant

On Apr 21, 12:21*am, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
In message , Nelly
writes

wrote in ...

Higgs Boson writes:

Group: *Are these Hollyhocks, or? * They're among flowers planted from
a packet.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2poxeea&s=7

Definitely not Hollyhocks. *Do a Google search.

Those look a little like Portulaca, but a bit tall.
============

Yes, the leaves seem very wrong for Malvaceae. The only Portulaca I
myself have seen had fleshy (succulent) leaves. This plant is just way
out of my scope, but maybe what about Godetia, I wonder.
But then whatta wino.

I agree with Godetia (Clarkia amoena).

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

I looked up Godetia. Bingo!

Will try to take seeds. It's a very attractive plant.

Thanks to all.

HB

Thanks to all.