Old 22-04-2011, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Planting a pot

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
Did anyone see the Blue Peter gardener planting that tub /pot on
Breakfast this morning?
I thought it must be April 1st.
I don't think I've ever seen so many shrubs etc crammed into a
container that must ahve been no more than 24" probably less,
A spreading conifer, a rose bush, What looked like a golden
Philadelphus, 2 smaller plants possiblt Euonymus fortunei and some
thing else around the same size.

Can't be worse than the pot planted up recently (so Iam told as I didn't see
it) with Jasminum grandiflora, we have been inundated with people wanting it
all unaware that its far too tender for growing outside in the UK, I am
lucky to get it through a winter in the greenhouse

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs