Old 23-04-2011, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Drought

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
This drought is getting serious now.
We have had no proper rain for two months with only one small useless
shower in that time that I can remember. Been watering our allotment since
we put in the Shallots and Onion sets in the beginning of March. For us,
watering in March and April is unheard of! Now we have a lot of stuff
planted we are watering almost daily as if it's the height of summer, even
plants that should cope like old currant bushes are having to be watered,
and the ground is bone dry to quite a depth.
How is everyone else coping?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Similar situation, BUT, according to the weather forecast, we are due for a
downpour this afternoon.

Did you see my posting reference our water butts? """Ash before Oak, in for
a soak""" 21/04/2011

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.