Old 23-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Gwowders Gwowders is offline
Registered User

Location: Warnham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owdboggy View Post
If the leaves are rough to the touch then it is Comfrey. Flipping awful weed it is too. Spreads everywhere and almost impossible to get rid of. And despite its reputation for being useful neither me nor my wife can touch the stuff without getting a rash.
If the leaves are smooth and soft then it could be Foxgloves, Digitalis purpurea. Nice native plant but not what you want in a veg patch.
I would say that the leaves are more 'furry' than rough, with some quite visible white hairs on the stems.