Old 23-04-2011, 11:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Never underestimate the persistence of a weed

Some years ago we acquired a houttuynia. We were told it was an aquatic/bog
garden plant and wouldn't do well in our dry sandy soil. Not only is it now
coming up from every gap between the slabs, but this morning I spotted it
coming up in a container 2' tall. I pulled and pulled and pulled and got
this-

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...f/23Apr001.jpg

Be careful where you plant it.

--
Steve

Never shake the ketchup bottle. None'll come, and then a lot'll