Old 23-04-2011, 01:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Eddy Eddy is offline

Default Heathers: should I be trimming them?

We put in a dozen heathers three years ago, in an effort to populate
part of the garden, and our over-riding aim was do everything possible
then to help them GROW, and grow BIG.

Most of them have done quite well, I think. But several of them are now
looking a bit straggly in their higher parts, so I'm wondering if I
should be trimming them.

Should I?

If so, by how much? And when is the best time of year to do it?

I took a pic of the "staggliest-looking" ones last night. You can see
it he
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...suntrimmed.jpg

Many thanks.

Eddy.