Old 23-04-2011, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Plastic Water Barrels

"Sadge" wrote in message

Hi,
I am new to the forum and hope somebody in the area of
Reading/Bracknell/Windsor can help please.

I am shortly moving to a brand new uncultivated plot. A very small
area, and I anticipate growing a small number of veggies just for my own
use in containers. I am initially looking for advice of sourcing one of
those big plastic food barrels (or even two) to use as water butts.

Can anybody suggest where I might be able to get one locally? Most
companies that deal in these barrels seem to be in the Midlands and I
haven't been able to find anything near me.

TIA

--
Sadge

Hi Sadge

Welcome to gardenbanter and uk.rec.gardening.

If you would care to go to http://www.myalbum.com/Album=MUKLG34Q and look at
photo SG101021 you will see 5 'water butts' linked together behind my
garage. These are Fruit Juice Barrels obtained from my local Garden
Centre/Nursery thingy.

Might be worth your while printing off the picture of them and touting it
round your likely places.

Good Luck

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.