Old 23-04-2011, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default Gardeners World gone to seed

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 17:41:24 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 17:40:38 +0100, Janet wrote:

In article ,
says...

In our house we are unaminous in our opinion of the current GW.
Last year I don't recall scenes that were filmed in a gloomy shed with
the camera focussed on a celebrity's face rather than on what he was
doing with his hands.

I didn't care what Monty was doing, I was lusting after his wonderful
shed and wanted to see more of it.

Good Friday edition had the wonderful shed better illuminated and an
increase in the photos of Mony Don's hands to face ratio.

At the right of the tools hanging on the wall was something in a
sheath, with what seemed to be Japanese writing on it. Does anybody
know exactly what it was?

(It's a long time since I lived there, but I've been told Sargents in
Reading have long closed: the inheritor wasn't interested, apparently.
I mourn the loss, as they had wonderful tools from all over the place,
including extraordinary Japanese ones. The Japanese saws were thin,
and cut on the pull stroke, so even if I could have afforded them,
their precision would have been utterly wasted on me.)

--
Mike.