Old 24-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Deepa P-G Deepa P-G is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannerman View Post
Hi Deepa P-G I think the most important thing is to make absolutely sure that the bank is totally free of both brambles and perennial weeds first, if you do this and do this well, you'll save yourself alot of hard work and heartache later on ?
You dont say how large this bank is ? but try to think groups of plants, the overall effect will be far better. As long as you prepare a planting pocket, I wouldnt worry too much about the rubbish, obviously remove what you can and them I'd be inclined to 'blind' the bank with some type of organic matter, this will do several things, firstly, it will look good, also it will help conserve moisture and also redce the incidence of seedling weeds !
As far as plants go, the list is endless but try to think foliage and texture and let flowers be a bonus, that way youll have interest all year !
Lannerman

Thank you. What do you mean by "blinding" the bank with organic matter? I am very much a beginner on gardening hence my ignorance!