Old 24-04-2011, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French chris French is offline

Default Drought

In message , Martin
writes
On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 10:33:18 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 08:40:23 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

This drought is getting serious now.
We have had no proper rain for two months with only one small useless shower
in that time that I can remember. Been watering our allotment since we put
in the Shallots and Onion sets in the beginning of March. For us, watering
in March and April is unheard of! Now we have a lot of stuff planted we are
watering almost daily as if it's the height of summer, even plants that
should cope like old currant bushes are having to be watered, and the ground
is bone dry to quite a depth.
How is everyone else coping?

Roads were flooded in Sheffield yesterday afternoon.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...0BC01F1E000005
78-980_966x559.jpg

Yeah, friends of ours who live in Sheffield were hearing about the
flooding, whilst not see a drop of rain :-)
--
Chris French