Old 24-04-2011, 04:37 PM
octatonic octatonic is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post
Hi there,

I have a badly maintained lawn that needs some assistance to get back to health.

I put the lawn in 2 years ago and then injured myself badly enough that I was unable to do any gardening until now.
I've spent the last two weeks cleaning it up and it looks like this:

http://www.jamesrichmond.com/pic/lawn_0411.jpg

The issues we are having a

Ground is a bit uneven in places.
Grass grows in clumps (thanks to a female dog that wees on it0 we are discouraging her from doing it)
Generally poor condition of the grass.

How do I fix this?

Should I be mowing it- or using a strimmer to cut for now?
Should I be fertilising it and putting down some new seed and top soil?
Or just water it and mow it every 2 week?

Thanks people.
FWIW, I am in London.