Old 24-04-2011, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Last year's "hardy" hibiscus

"Pam Moore" wrote ...

Those of you who bought the offer of "hardy hibiscus" last year, have
any shown any growth. Nothing on mine, just dead stalks.

Not any offer but the five chance seedlings I planted out on our allotment
to eventually make a hedge are now coming into leaf despite being moved over
winter. However, our lovely old "Diana", a pure white double, died after
last winter. It started to come into leaf in the spring and then got hit by
a late hard frost which killed all the new growth and although it again
started into growth that didn't develop and the plant never recovered. This
spring I gave the plant a push and it fell over, roots completely rotten.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden