Old 25-04-2011, 01:56 PM
zibafu zibafu is offline
Registered User

Default garden cress

Hi, people, I decided to grow some garden cress a week or so ago, the reason being I had a pet budgie, and I am looking to introduce more veg, fruits etc into his diet, read online that they can eat cress, so thought what the hell, its easy enough to grow.

I went on ebay and bough a couple of 250 seed packets, which arrived, on... thursday last week I think.

Anyhow, I planted them the same day using some multi purpose compost I had previously bought, and out of the 500 seeds, only about 70 of them have grown, is it normal for less than a quarter of them to grow, cause it seems really odd to me, the ones that have grown have grown quite well, in the 4 days they have been growing, I have kept them well watered, kept them in decent light etc.

The only thing is its been really warm for the last week, like 25'c, could that have affected the growing in any way ?