Old 25-04-2011, 11:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Last year's "hardy" hibiscus

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 10:44:28 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

On Apr 24, 5:48*pm, Pam Moore wrote:
Those of you who bought the offer of "hardy hibiscus" last year, have
any shown any growth. *Nothing on mine, just dead stalks.

Pam in Bristol

I was thinking the same thing today Pam.

I decided to investigate mine this morning; two pots which have stood
by house wall all winter. (no greenhouse) I tipped them out, and found
one with 3 green shoots from below soil level. The other with healthy
looking roots but no shoots. Both have been repotted and put back
where they were. Time will tell. The 3rd I had put in the garden lst
year and there's no sign of it at the moment. Watch this space!!!

Pam in Bristol