Old 25-04-2011, 09:47 PM
lannerman lannerman is offline
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintama View Post
OK thank you Lannerman. I was told it wasn't a phormium but obviously wrongly advised. Any idea how big it will grow? What kind of light and soil does it need please?

Many thanks.
Hi Lintama, It will grow about 4ft and needs a well drained soil in full sun. We use them alot down here In Cornwall as they are incredibly salt wind tolerant.
I must add that quite a few have been killed in these last few winters and the only advice i can give you is that like alot of these plants, the drier you can keep it in winter, the more resistant to the cold it will be, so cold and dry and you have a fighting chance, cold and wet and you risk losing it.
Best of luck, Lannerman