Old 25-04-2011, 10:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
Chris[_14_] Chris[_14_] is offline

Default Soil-less cold frame

Space in my yard is at a premium, especially since my wife has finally
succeeded in her plans for a new shed (I did manage to get a gardening
work bench in there though).

However, I have a deck with a south-facing wall. I am in Rockaway NY.
The spot on the deck also butts up against house wall. If absolutely
necessary I can put some kind of heater outside (there's an outdoor
outlet on the deck too).

Would I be able to put a small cold frame there? I cannot have soil
there, so it would be used to harden off seedlings in Spring, not grow
anything.

Any ideas are welcome.

Chris