Old 25-04-2011, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Last year's "hardy" hibiscus

Nick wrote

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:

My experience with Hibiscus syriacus over the last two winters is that
they were hardy in the ground (one variety got cut back in 2009/10, and
looks as if may have lost some more branches this last winter), but not
in pots.

That figures.

Hibiscus moscheutos, in its native haunts, handles colder weather than
we get.

Interesting. There are really quite a lot of plants that are hardy
in those parts, but are not here. But it sounds a bit odd, being
a swamp plant.

I remember doing some research on those Hibiscus and it wasn't a hybrid of
H. moscheutos as I originally thought, it was something else.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden