Old 26-04-2011, 09:24 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomabel View Post
4. Euphorbia mellifera: up to last year it used to be a very large, healthy specimen in a giant pot outside the front door (up against the front wall, with full sun). I forgot to wrap it in bubblewrap this winter so I think the frost killed it - there are a few brown shoots, no greenery showing. Would it be OK to plant another one in the same soil or is it possible there's life in the old one still?
Mine has got a large number of 3-4cm thick 'branches' which are all stone dead, and a tiny green shoot coming out of the base. So there may be life in yours. On the other hand, mine is in the ground not in a pot, so not all of its roots will have been frozen. On balance, I think your chances are slim.

I am going to replace mine by one of the many seedlings that I have - I've got large ones growing amongst other plants in the greenhouse, as well as this year's seedlings newly sprouted. It give me the opportunity to move it - I didn't know what it was when I acquired it, and wasn't prepared for a 2m diameter football outside the kitchen window!