Old 26-04-2011, 11:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default ID please

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 21:52:19 +0100, bob wrote:

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 21:30:23 +0100, Jake Nospam@invalid wrote:

No problem propagating. Just ask your friend for a "dig up plant" next
year. I planted one of these in one corner of the garden a couple of
years ago. This year it's growing happily all round the place. I don't
mind - it's a spring flowerer and dies back nicely as later stuff
comes on so however much of it there is it doesn't get in the way.

thanks for reply Jake. Forgive my ignorance, but what is a 'dig up
plant'? You say next year, so I guess it's too late now and should be
in the dormant phase next year. Around february maybe?

If they let it go to seed rather than quickly deadheading, they'll
have a fgair number of new plants growing next year - get them to "dig
one" up for you. You could probably do it this year provided you keep
the roots moist and replant as quickly as possible - when you dig a
plant up, wrap the roots in wet newspaper and put in a carrier bag.
Water in well and keep watering for a while after replanting.