Old 26-04-2011, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French chris French is offline

Default Sodium Chlorate

In message , Moonraker
writes
I am unable to buy this at garden centres as elf and safety have banned
it, or so they say.

They are correct, it was banned from sale as a weedkiller from September
2009

However I can buy it off the net, doesn't make sense.

There are other uses for it. We buy all sorts of chemicals mail order
you can't easily get on the high street.

Is there a good source of it, I find that the postage cost on the net
are rather high?

Dunno, but I never really liked it's use as a weedkiller. There are
alterative 'long term' weed killers such as Bayer Long Lasting Ground
Clear

http://www.bayergarden.co.uk/product...d=151&category
id=12
--