Old 26-04-2011, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sodium Chlorate

On 26/04/2011 16:28, Moonraker wrote:
I am unable to buy this at garden centres as elf and safety have banned
it, or so they say. However I can buy it off the net, doesn't make
sense. Is there a good source of it, I find that the postage cost on the
net are rather high?

It is heavy stuff, so postage would be high. I used to use it quite a
lot as a weed killer on the drive (as well as making my own fireworks
:-) ) but found bulk generic (unbranded) glyphosate to be much more cost
effective and you can use it to clear weeds from a weed infested area
intended as a future garden bed without fear of it leaving the soil
poisoned for any length of time after application.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.