Old 26-04-2011, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sodium Chlorate

On 26/04/2011 21:00, Moonraker wrote:
On 26/04/2011 19:46, 'Mike' wrote:
wrote in message
On Apr 26, 3:28 pm, wrote:
I am unable to buy this at garden centres as elf and safety have banned
it, or so they say. However I can buy it off the net, doesn't make
sense. Is there a good source of it, I find that the postage cost on the
net are rather high?

It is banned as it can be used to make explosives. So you can thank
our Pakistanis friends for that.

Not sure. Stand to be corrected, but I think you will find it is the
Irish
you need to thank

Mike

That is no longer true, it can no longer be used for that as it is
treated with a fire retardant.

The fire retardant just means your dead and dry weeds don't go with so
much of a WHOOSH if you try to burn them later. All I'll say is that
I've made fireworks with the stuff in the past. My interests were only
pyrotechnic not malicious, but trust me when I say that despite the fire
retardant you can still use it to make very powerful explosives - no
problem.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.