Old 26-04-2011, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Craven Craven is offline

Default environmentally friendly way to clean patios?

On 2011-04-26 22:41:10 +0100, said:

Hi, my pressure washer has broken. Most of my stones are clean but the
pressure is no longer high enough to get off all the algae.

I see there are liquid cleaners I can pour on but I imagine this does
horrible things to the insects living below (the stones are set on
supports).

Just on the offchance before I buy a new washer, is there an
environmentally friendly way to clean the stones without a washer?

Thanks a lot. Apologies if this is too off topic.

C.

I think it's probably a scrubbing brush...... ;-(

Made ethically from renewable sources of course.

I think in my head there's this amazing liquid I can pour on that
eliminates algae on contact, yet spiders and ants walk though it
unaffected. I'm going to have to borrow a washer :-)