Old 27-04-2011, 07:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default environmentally friendly way to clean patios?

On Apr 26, 10:41*pm, Craven wrote:
Hi, my pressure washer has broken. Most of my stones are clean but the
pressure is no longer high enough to get off all the algae.

I see there are liquid cleaners I can pour on but I imagine this does
horrible things to the insects living below (the stones are set on
supports).

Just on the offchance before I buy a new washer, is there an
environmentally friendly way to clean the stones without a washer?

Thanks a lot. Apologies if this is too off topic.

C.

Pressure jet is the thing. Gets the weeds out of the cracks too.
Worth buying a decent one.