Old 27-04-2011, 06:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default New to both the forum and gardening!!

In article ,
CluelessWilson wrote:

I know 22sqm isn't a lot but this isn't my whole garden this is just a
patch I want to turn into a little play area for my kids. The brambles
have clawed their way into the rest of the garden as well but my main
priority is to get that little patch ready for the kids within days at a
minimal price hence the "sweeping it under the carpet" As far as I was
aware blocking sunlight killed weeds including brambles but I seem to be
wrong.

I'm not disabled and I ain't lazy but I am on a tight budget and this
would probably only be a temporary solution for the summer, this is the
kids first time in a house with a garden of their own to play in and I
want it to be a good experience for them. as for the soil that's here
already its OK but it does need some topsoil if I am to turf it all or
possibly re-seed.

I'm mainly here to seek advice cos i have never done anything like this
before and don't really have anyone to ask apart from some experts
that's why I came to this website I did not however come here to be
ridiculed for my inexperience and lack of knowledge on gardening so from
now on can I have some help without sarcastic comments, thanks!!

Probably not, but maybe you'll get lucky.

Get a winch called a "Come Along"
http://www.google.com/search?q=come+...ari&rls=en&prm
d=ivns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=TFK4Td2q HpKqsAOb06ipAQ&ved=0CEk
QrQQ
and pull the brambles out. That will be most of the work. The brmbles
will try to come back, but then the problem should be more shovel size.
Afterwards, pull new plants out by hand as you find them (You'll want
leather gloves).
-

Bush's 3rd term: Obama plus another elective war

Bush's 4th term: we can't afford it

America is not broke. The country is awash in wealth and cash.
It's just that it's not in your hands. It has been transferred, in the
greatest heist in history, from the workers and consumers to the banks
and the portfolios of the uber-rich.
http://theuptake.org/2011/03/05/mich...wisconsin-is-b
roke/
--
- Billy

Dept. of Defense budget: $663.8 billion
Dept. of Health and Human Services budget: $78.4 billion

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower, 16 April 1953