Old 27-04-2011, 09:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
Gunner[_3_] Gunner[_3_] is offline

Default Solid clay garden am I doing the right thing?

On Apr 27, 3:38*am, Jinjah wrote:
Hi guys,
This is my first post and I'll confess from the start I'm new to
gardening!.......

Your overall plan doesn't sound too bad but having a good soil test
done prior will guide you much better. The test should give you
specific advice on the fertilization protocol for your particular
plants/soil, as well as recommendation of type, quantity, etc of
minerals for liming. Lot of reasons for this such as whether you will
need calcitic and dolomitic lime. Anything you do should be based
off of this test. I'm sure you can find a lab close to you. A good
test here in the US is ~ 13-15$. Its cheap at twice the price.

BTW billy: 4-10% OM is considered acceptable limits