Old 27-04-2011, 05:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Manually fertilize plum tree?

In article , "Bob F"
wrote:

I have a plum tree that is in full bloom. It's fruit is vary large reddish
yellow plums 3" long when ripe. Usually, it gets a dozen or two fruit on it,
but
one year I harvested 80 pounds of plums from it.

Here in Seattle, the spring has been cold and damp. There is no sign of any
bees. I am wondering if there is some way of fertilizing the tree manually,
perhaps be tapping a branch from my neighbor's small fruit plum or my italian
prune trees against it's blooms. Does anyone have any knowledge about this
they
could assist me with?

http://tinyurl.com/6klhbr4

I think the word you want is pollination.

Have fun !

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

"The best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow." - Anon

http://www.earthknowledge.net/map/