Old 27-04-2011, 06:05 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens.edible
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Manually polinate plum tree?

I have a plum tree that is in full bloom. It's fruit is vary large reddish
yellow plums 3" long when ripe. Usually, it gets a dozen or two fruit on it, but
one year I harvested 80 pounds of plums from it.

Here in Seattle, the spring has been cold and damp. There is no sign of any
bees. I am wondering if there is some way of pollinating the tree manually,
perhaps be tapping a branch from my neighbor's small fruit plum or my italian
prune trees against it's blooms. Does anyone have any knowledge about this they
could assist me with?