Old 28-04-2011, 08:40 PM posted to sci.bio.botany

Default cypress-issue

In message , Thomas Hoffmann
writes
Hi,
my aunt has a cypress in her garden and tells me that shurely was an
chamaecyparis obtusa Boulevard.
She wants to remove it, because it became too big, and wants exactly
the same kind as a small one.

It seems to me that something must be wrong: I cannot find any
chamaecyparis obtusa Boulevard in the internet. Maybe it was called
thus in the past but was renamed? Or does my aunt remember the name
wrong?

'Boulevard' appears to be a Chamaecyparis pisifera cultivar. Nothing
springs to mind as to why it should get labelled as obtusa, but the
nursery trade has been known to get things wrong. See if the
descriptions of pisifera 'Boulevard' match.

Thanks for help!

yours TH

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley