Old 29-04-2011, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default wedding: what were those trees?

On Apr 29, 3:41*pm, stuart noble wrote:
On 29/04/2011 15:06, 'Mike' wrote:

"Emery *wrote in message
On 04/29/2011 03:48 PM, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
Although we saw it in HD I was unable to ID the potted trees that lined
the central aisle. *(The cameras were, perhaps understandably, focused
elsewhere). *Should have been oaks perhaps, but didn't quite fit the
part. *Can't believe they would go in for fakes... Did anyone spot what
they were?

Maples I think

Heh. *That would be ironic, as I am in a position to recognize the odd
maple or two. *I wondered if they were field maples but the leaves (what
I could make out) didn't seem quite right and above all the colour was
wrong (and too shiny for A. campestre).

-E

The bride has ordered four tons of trees, including eight 6-meter high
maples for recreating the atmosphere of an English garden inside the
cathedral.

The trees were installed along the aisle of Westminster Abbey, and guests
will have to pass beneath them to take their places. The trees was placed in
pots created by Shane Connolly, the floral designer of the future princess.

According to royal sources, the idea was suggested by Shane Connelly as a
way of hiding the famous arches of the cathedral.

It is estimated that the entire process has cost £ 50,000.

The rest of the cathedral will be decorated with white and beige flowers.

Mike

And still the archbishop looks like a homeless person. Should have at
least trimmed his eyebrows- Hide quoted text -

Nobody was wearing seat belts. Why didn't any of those coppers sort
them out? :-)

I thought the minibuses looked a bit naff.