Old 29-04-2011, 07:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default Moles

Bob F wrote:
Doug Freyburger wrote:
Gz wrote:

any good devices for mole prevention.

One place I lived had an issue with moles. I located one of the
tunnels and inserted my garden hose. I ran the water for about two
hours. No more moles that year in my back yard.

The water would be useless unless your soil is amazingly non-porous to water. In
my yard, it wouldn't stay in the tunnels more than a few feet.

The dirt was pretty hard in that place, agreed. Pain in the back to
break it up to plant anything. No clue how the moles did it in So Cal
hard packed dirt.